Saturday, May 19, 2018

America's Great Loop Count Down Saturday May 19, 2018 -  Great Bay Marina, Newington NH

Note: Add your email above to receive email updates of postings. Must be in "Desktop Version" to see Email sign up line. Be sure to verify confirming email - check spam if you don't get one

Click here for map of trip and our current location

Well it has been a great final day before the official (according to the RDO rules of the trip) start of our Great Loop adventure. Today was a visit with son Ryan and Melissa and all the grandkids, and Melissa's parents from southern Massachusetts.

A feast of lobsters was outstanding. Hard shell - and just the right size - and all you could eat. Real strawberry shortcake was a great finish - after sufficient time to make room. We were glad we had the new dinghy as it has larger air tubes and was able to carry the heavy laden crew back to the ship.

And as we expected, saying good by was the hardest part of starting the Loop. Our good byes with son Rob and Dawn and family was last weekend. A great time was had with them including Dawn's parents, which was also much appreciated. And I must say that Dawn made the finest pull pork that I am sure that I ever had. We have to start this trip to be able to try to get back to a normal eating habit!!

I had read other folks blogs who noted that leaving loved ones for the extended time was really difficult - "Sure I said but it is only for a time so it can't be that bad." Well it is - but we are truly thankful that both Ryan and Rob have loving spouses and families that are a joy to them as much as they are to us. We know of too many parents that can not begin to think of doing what we are doing because of any number of issues with their children. Thanks to all of you - big and smaller (can't say small because they are growing up so fast) for giving us the chance for what we believe will be a trip of a lifetime!!!

The other thing that makes tomorrow the official start is we dropped off the cars back at the house. That is also a very funny feeling. But we will look forward to adapting to boat life - and it feels good already.

As mentioned earlier, tomorrow's forecast does not look good for leaving Great Bay - so we may have another day to organize the boat better.

I know that I have said that I like blogs with photos - but if I started to put in family photos I would not be done for days - so I will stop here and say

Good Night and May God Bless

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to follow your adventures. And I am so proud to be a fellow "Mrs. O." Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to read this one.... Love you so much Dad. I miss you already. Excited for you and to follow your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob
      I missed you to the minute I left Brewster - as have each time we have said goodby over the years. But we are excited for all your great happenings and will stay in touch!!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the blog.