Friday, November 2, 2018

Day 167 Pensacola Pelican Perch Boatyard November 2, 2018

Day 167 Pensacola Pelican Perch Boatyard November 2, 2018

The clouds of yesterday remained but no rain. It was cooler with the temperatures in the upper 50s

Note: Add your email above to receive email  of postings. Must be in "Desktop Version" to see Email sign up line. If using mobile. there is a link beneath the Home button at end of the post.  Be sure to verify confirming email - check spam if you don't get one


We moved today - about 1000 feet. What is with that you say? Well we moved from marina to boatyard for a haul out at the Pelican Perch Marina. This yard allows you to do your own work - which is great for me.




The crew handling our floating home to the travel lift.


 And up and out.



And all blocked and comfy.


And what are we doing here you ask? Well, when leaving a lock on the Tenn Tom Waterway I felt a vibration. I thought I had picked up a line or something in the starboard propeller. I guess it was a little different than I thought. While I didn't feel anything, I must have had a piece of wood get in the propeller - as you can see I am missing some - well most really - of one blade.  I couldn't look over the back of the boat to see it because of the muddy water.  I saw it for the first time while at the beach the other day after watching the Blue Angels.


And fortunately I had bought spare propellers before leaving on the trip - and here is the new one all on and ready to go. 

But we will not be going into the water until Monday. I could have gone back in the water but I wanted to take the opportunity to refresh the paint on the bottom of the boat. It wears off and we have been 4000 miles and there are a few thin spots. So it will be good to get that job done - and maybe even some waxing done too. And the good thing in Florida, they let you stay on the boat in the yard. They cater to so many transients like us that it makes sense  - but home in NE we would have had to get a room.

So a productive journey today. And after dinner and some football the day has gone and the night has arrived so it is time to say ............

Good Night and May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the blog.