Sunday, November 18, 2018

Day 183 Clearwater tenth day Saturday November 18, 2018

Day 183 Clearwater tenth day Saturday November 18, 2018

Bright sun.  High in upper 70s. Mild breeze

Note: Add your email above to receive email  of postings. Must be in "Desktop Version" to see Email sign up line. If using mobile. there is a link beneath the Home button at end of the post.  Be sure to verify confirming email - check spam if you don't get one


Today was a very nice day. It was long sleeve shirt type of start to the day and then it soon warmed up nicely. The sun ruled the day was only high clouds in the late afternoon.

We started our day with the trip to Ryan's Beach Cafe that we promised last week that we would do. I left my phone on the boat so I was not able to get a photo of Ryan, owner and head cook. He did come around to the tables that was fun. We talked of having a son Ryan - that we noted was about his age - and that we were from Maine. His father had visited Maine and he remembers him saying how Maine was so incredible and different from another place he had gone - we said he had a smart father.

Well our second stop was to Walgreen's. What happened?  Well, I traveled all the way here to find warm weather and what do I get - wait for it --------- a cold. You have got to be kidding me. I have not had a cold in over three years in the frozen north.  They say that A/C causes colds and I guess that I will have to agree with them (whoever "they" are). I have to admit it is wonderfully ironic that we fled from the cold but it caught me just the same.  And I also imagine that those of you back in the frozen tundra smiled, at least a little smile, as you thought, "take that" for all the smugness on the blog about being in such warm weather.  I admit to being guilty on that count - but it is wonderful - even if I have a cold.

What to do today? After some Day Quill for my cold I felt better. We decided to make a return trip to Tarpon Springs. We had heard that the seafood at Rusty Bellies the best. So off we went. The Jolley Trolley was again our means of transpiration.  We started our walking of the town at the head of the harbor where the City Marina is located.


There were a number of boats there but I did not see any Looper Flags.



Here are some shots of the commercial working boat pier area that runs parallel to the main street.






And the Greek presence and cultural influence is evident.






And here is our destination. Rusty Bellies. I didn't find out the source for the name and I am not sure I want to know.



We had the best seat in the house on the porch overlooking their private dock and the comings.....


 and the goings on the channel.


We noticed this very big home on the harbor point.


The fresh made hush puppies were a great start to the meal.



I had fried Gulf Shrimp. They were the best that I can remember. Well worth the trip. YUM!!!!!

The Admiral had a Greek Salad - and that is what a Greek Salad is suppose to be and taste like - it was also delicious.



A further walk around town was fun. We didn't buy any thing but is was fun looking.


Notice any corrections needed that an English teacher would take points off your essay? Good job!!


And certainly the sponge capital of the world


And for my "I Spy" friends, do you see anything unusual about this shot?



OK - Raise your hand if you said Parrot on the man's shoulder.  Now come on - there was some of you that missed it I'm positive.

And how do you know that Christmas is coming when you are in Florida?

You look for the green and yellow presents alongside a fake tinsel palm tree.

So as it is black tonight already, it means it is time to say ..................

Good Night and May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the blog.