Thursday, July 20, 2017

Day 16 Thursday July 20, 2017 Tenants Harbor

Day 16 Thursday July 20, 2017 Tenants Harbor

The day dawned sunny - a change from the last number of days.

We had the generator shut down on over temp last night. So I was anxious to head toward home to have a day to work on it. I thought it would be scale in the seawater side of the cooling system. When we got to Tenants I checked the coolant level and it was down very low and added some - then discovered the water pump belt was broken So I fixed those things as all seems to be fine again.


Well back to our ride to Tenants. It was a fine day with no wind and calms seas for much of the easy 25 mile ride. We traveled straight down Penobscot Bay from the Eggemoggin Reach to Owls Head.

















The wind began to come up as we approached Owls Head. From Owls Head we traveled the Muscle Ridge Channel - a wonderful ride - but the breeze was about right for May but cold for July. But it was very pleasant. Whitehead and the light of the same name guard the south end of Muscle Ridge Channel. We exited to open ocean and the seas had started to build a little. It is a short run to Tenants and it was 2:30 and time for the powerboaters to find a harbor so Tenants, at only a couple of miles away, won the battle of "which way do we go.


























Honey Dew's mooring was open which made the decision even more satisfying. A quiet afternoon of generator repair lead to a pleasant mind set to move on to dinner. Grilled scallops from the barbie were very cool. The fog came back in later afternoon, but backed off near to late evening boding well for tomorrow.

After dinner it was on to cribbage. I think I missed reporting a round of which Faye won another to go up 2 to 1. I won the first game and I'll be darn if the little stinker (she is a cute stinker too) didn't skunk me the second game to go up 3 to 1. ESPN had started up again with the hope that I could mount a Brady like comeback but they were as disappointed as me and turned around for the third time.

Even with my humbling loss it was a fine day.

Our Current Trip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the blog.