Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Day 298 Fort Myers Beach 3rd day Wednesday March 13, 2019

Day 298 Fort Myers Beach 3rd day Wednesday March 13, 2019

The night was again mild. The sun was again magnificently bright right from the start and stayed that way all day. Low 80s by mid-day. Another fine day, again, again!!

Note: Add your email above to receive email  of postings. Must be in "Desktop Version" to see Email sign up line. If using mobile. there is a link beneath the Home button at end of the post.  Be sure to verify confirming email - check spam if you don't get one.


Well another day in paradise. As my retired friend Mike from Fairbope. AL says, "Everyday is Saturday."

What made me think of that phrase is that this month marks two years since I retired. I thought for a long time that I wanted to work at least until now and maybe longer. They call it "work" for a reason.

But our time getting ready for the Loop and being on this wonderful adventure is something that we would have been remiss in delaying. It has also been reaffirmed by talking with a surprising number of folks that said that they would like to have done it but now feel they can't for a number of reasons - but the reason can all be summarized as -" I waited too long."  So I  hope my realization that I almost made the same mistake may be for someone reading the blog incentive to, as the Nike ad says, "Just Do It!" - whatever your dream maybe.

So in keeping with the Nike theme, just where the Admiral is off to again today? Yes that is correct we are headed to pickleball - it was great fun and we will go again tomorrow. If you haven't tried it there are places everywhere to learn and play - its great fun for all levels of players.


One bad thing about Fort Myers Beach is that there is only one street that runs the length of the island. We are on the free tram bus and you can see the traffic. It is moving at walking speed.


After Pickleball we just went back to the boat for some R&R. It was great fun to just sit and enjoy the beautiful breeze and perfect temperatures. I started a new book and after a few chapters I was checking the back of my eyelids for a while - they work fine thank you.


And the sunsets are still glorious to behold - this is still my favorite part of the day.


And here is the view into the beautiful mangroves looking 180 degrees from the sunset. Not bad, eh?


Well you may recall that I said last night I was going to let the Admiral try to make it 5 in a row at Mexican Train. While I know that at least several of the ladies were pulling for the Admiral, I have to report that I won last night's game  - by 3 points and tonight's by 2 points. They have all been fun games - and it is amazing to watch the luck of the draw bounce around.

Since the lights are on here in Fort Myers Beach I will wish you a ..............

Good Night and May God Bless

2 comments:

  1. We continue to follow your grand adventure and are so glad you are enjoying what we have been for almost 15 years in our little slice of paradise. You are so right about not waiting too long - you never know what can get in the way of your dreams, so do it while you can.

    Duane and Diane
    m/v Diva Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys

    Glad you are still along for the ride. Appreciate your concurring with my thoughts on following the dream. Hope it does encourage someone on the edge of a decision to go for it before "its too late."

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the blog.