Saturday, March 16, 2019

Day 301 Fort Myers Beach 6th day Saturday March 16, 2019

Day 301 Fort Myers Beach 6th day Saturday March 16, 2019

The night was again mild. Today the sun was playing peek a boo with the clouds most of the day. And still the air was wonderfully mild all day with temperatures in the high 70s.

Note: Add your email above to receive email  of postings. Must be in "Desktop Version" to see Email sign up line. If using mobile. there is a link beneath the Home button at end of the post.  Be sure to verify confirming email - check spam if you don't get one.

 

Well as my friend Mike says for us retired folks "Every day is Saturday!!" and it really is today!!

And since it was Saturday it was a lazy day. But we still needed our pickleball exercise.  On the way there were nice blooming foliage



And after our game I met a fellow named Ron (left) and as it turns out his wife, who was not there, is named Faye - and even spelled the same. That was a most serendipitous meeting.


Well after our exercise it was back to the boat for some lounging time. And the best thing was we were able to have a video call with the Wolfeboro contingent with the three granddaughters, Maddy, Lauren. and Bree, and son Rob. Like I said yesterday not being able to see all the cute faces in person and get our hugs is the hardest thing about being away. But it was wonderful to speak with them and catch up.

And after our call it was time to read my book from my perch in the cockpit. But I will admit that I don't think I got more that three pages before the lines on the page went blank. After several starts and fails, I decided that a formal nap was in order. Rob, I made like I was in Boothbay Harbor and opened the forward hatch over the bed and let the mild breeze lull me into a nice long nap.

I slept until dinner time. A fine chicken dinner with Dijon sauce and fresh brocolli and new potatoes was a marvelous treat was wonderfully prepared by the Admiral who once again demonstrated that she is not going to pull rank and is happy to assist with onboard duties. We finished the day watching an Amazon video of Endeavor. If you have ever seen the wonderful BBC series call Morse you will really enjoy this series. It is a depiction of the life of Inspector Morse as he is just starting out in the Oxford Police Department.

And as night has once again crept over the harbor, it is time to say ....................

Good Night and May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the blog.