Sunday, October 28, 2018

Day 162 Fairhope Marina 3rd day Sunday October 28, 2018

Day 162 Fairhope Marina 3rd day Sunday October 28, 2018

The clear sky continued today and the temperature warmed to the marvelous high 70s

Note: Add your email above to receive email  of postings. Must be in "Desktop Version" to see Email sign up line. If using mobile. there is a link beneath the Home button at end of the post.  Be sure to verify confirming email - check spam if you don't get one


Today was a glorious day of blue sky and warm temperatures. We stayed again at Mike and Paula's house. After our costume party last night we all slept in a little today. I did promise to show you our outfits from last night. I liked my doctor's outfit and Faye looked like CatWoman with an edge. Mike and Paula were playing the Father Brown and the wayward Nun angle - and rather well I thought.




After some needed coffee at home we headed into Fairhope for breakfast and then some strolling about town.




No they are not trying to break into the shop - just heavy window shopping - Mike is actually shopping for the window.


Fairhope has a wonderful town center that is rather extensive - particularly for a town of 17,000. But it is a tourist mecca and the shops are there to cater to them. Note that there are no franchise stores - love the local nature of the businesses.




We then took a tour of the Marriott run Grand Resort that is nearby their neighborhood and that is connected with the golf and fitness club complex of which they are members.  What a beautiful day!!!!


Croquet anyone? I did win I will add - humbly of course.

 Mike and Faye

Mike and I - Faye can even take photos with my phone


And last but not least the Admiral and the Captain


There is a wonderful gift shop just down the road - and for a moment I thought I must be back in Maine seeing the butt cracks and old pickup - but the orange hips gave it away.


Mike is making friends with a moose from Maine - so maybe we are further north than I thought.


I guess that Christmas must be closer than it feels with all the Christmas stuff showing up - thought that this was clever.

Mobile Bay was wonderful to see as we drove along the water to the southern end of the bay.



At Weeks Bay boat launch ramp there were hundreds of Monarch butterflies in the bushes - how do they gather together having migrated from such distances? I have no clue but it was fascinating to see.





The evening has arrived and we head to the Wash House for a final meal together. It was very good and a great ending to our time together. It was great fun to see them again. Mike asked me not to tell everyone how great the living is in Fairhope - so I won't.


We are back on the boat and getting ready for an early start to resume our adventure. It is strange to think that we will be heading east now for several hundred miles to allow us to get to the west side of the Florida peninsula for our winter stop at Longboat Key in Sarasota. So I must get my beauty sleep - I know I need a lot of it - so it is time to say ..........................

Good Night and May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the blog.