Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Day 24 Oswego Wednesday June 13, 2018

Day 24 Oswego Wednesday June 13, 2018

It was mildish last night - 60 degrees- still just right  for sleeping.  Clouds have settled in and there is showers and thunderstorm forecast for this afternoon but still short sleeves and shorts. Today's high 77 degrees

Note: Add your email above to receive email updates of postings. Must be in "Desktop Version" to see Email sign up line. If using mobile. there is a link beneath the Home button at end of the post.  Be sure to verify confirming email - check spam if you don't get one


Well we stayed another day in Oswego. The weather forecast said "Stay put - you are comfortable. safe and most of all, on a free tie up wall." OK I concede - but only after a lot of "think we can"

The reason that I finally decided discretion is the smarter part of valor, is the forecast for tomorrow is for west winds at 25 knots and gusting. As once we cross into Canada we have a ways to go to get to Trent to start the canal system - and guess which direction I will need to travel - yup west. So as you can see in the shot of our route across the pond, I would be stuck even if I was able to make the crossing - so why move? We have a year to get back home.

The photo below is of the thunderstorm front that passed directly over our Canada landing spot - we made the right decision. We got some wind and heavy rain but only briefly.
 As there were many showers we just stayed on the boat, I caught up a lot on my editing of videos I make of all our trips. If I don't do it as we go it would be a bear to do later - so a good productive lay day.

And here is a shot of the clearing weather we will look to ride on Friday.

So guess that means I will say

Good Night and May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the blog.